To become a student in the Assessment and Training Center, you must:
- Be a client of the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, or a similar agency in another state.
- Be part of the Vocational Rehabilitation Program and be actively working with your counselor on a comprehensive plan for employment.
- Take a full day tour of the training center prior to deciding to attend.
- Fill out an ATC intake packet and medical information form, and turn it in at least two weeks prior to the term you wish to begin.
- Have the stamina and stable health required to participate in classes up to seven hours a day, five days a week (for full time students).
- Be able to function independently in our dormitory (if staying there), or have the necessary supports in place to do so, given that there are no medical personnel or support staff in the building.
- Be aware that clients are not allowed to stay in the building during term breaks, and have a plan to return home or stay somewhere else during that time.