Current Employment Opportunities at ICBVI:
We currently have an opening for one Reader/Driver.
Reader/Drivers are temporary staff that assist blind and low vision ICBVI staff members. They drive ICBVI teachers and counselors to client appointments and may also assist with reading/scribe tasks. This is not an Idaho state position. All background checks, new hire paperwork, and system onboarding will be facilitated by a contracted staffing service. A current driving record is required.
- Obey all traffic laws and rules while driving for ICBVI
- Follow ICBVI vehicle/fleet policies and guidelines
- Assist ICBVI staff with collection and distribution of aids & appliances
- Assist ICBVI staff with reading written information, filling out forms, and other general tasks as needed, either in the field or in the office
- Act in a professional and courteous manner around staff, clients, and the public
- Adhere to confidentiality standards of client information and data
- The weekly hours for this position may vary but can average about 16-24 hours per week
- Wages for this position are $12.00 per hour
If interested, please contact Steve Achabal at 208-639-8366.
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit
discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process,
you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Know Your Rights: English Version